Thursday, August 05, 2004

 

A *Maine-iacal* Card!

A Maine Card

When I was working on this card, I had stamped and colored in the lobster and lighthouse images that you now see on this card. They didn't look right on the particular card I was was working on, but since we Yanks are known for our thriftiness, I did not throw the pictures away. Yes, the lighthouse stamp is the same one used for the other card...I think it is fun to see all the ways one can use the same stamp!

So I decided to use a few more of my newly-acquired Maine stamps to make this card. The images were all colored in using soft chalks and colored pencils, then trimmed and matted on red cardstock. I made a card from light grey cardstock and glued the marbleized paper (from the infamous "The Slab" mentioned in my last post) over it. Then I just played around with arranging the images on the card, and glued it all down once I was happy with it.

The lighthouse, moose family and lobster stamps are all from Repeat Impressions. The state of Maine outline and the signpost stamps came from Silver Fox Stamps.

What does that signpost have to do with Maine? Well, it is IN Maine...Lynchville, in Oxford County, to be exact! There are a jazillion little towns in Maine that are named after various foreign countries, and all of the ones on that signpost really ARE in Maine!