Wednesday, August 04, 2004

 

Nubble Lighthouse Card

Nubble Lighthouse

Hi everyone...it's been ages since I've posted anything here...been busy with vacation and stuff. But now I'm back, and while I was gone, I visited TWO rubber stamp stores in Maine. The stuff was nice and money was spent!

This card depicts the Nubble Lighthouse, in York Beach, Maine. The stamp can be purchased at either of the two stamp stores I visited (Maine-ly Stamps in Kittery and Stamps & Stuff in Freeport), but it can also be ordered directly from Repeat Impressions, a rubber stamp company in Freeport, Maine.

At first I experimented with coloring in the lighthouse scene...it looked nice, but not what I had in mind. So I decided to keep it simple, just shades of blue, grey, and white.

Here's how...

1. Make card from medium-grey cardstock.
2. Cut decorative paper to fit, adhere to card.
3. Stamp lighthouse onto white cardstock with embossing ink, apply pearl blue embossing powder, emboss using heat gun.
4. Cut lighthouse image to desired size and mat onto darker grey cardstock.
5. Affix this to front of card.

This card is intended to be a *thank you* card for the hosts at the place where we stayed while on vacation. I hope they will like it!

More cards from me coming soon! Stay tuned! :-)