Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

Technicolor kitties!



Click on image for bigger, will open in a separate window.

Lots of birthdays coming up, which means lots of card making! A stamper's work is never done! :-)

This card was easy to make and only required two stamps...the kitty (Catslife Press), and "happy birthday" (from the "Spunky Greetings" set by Close To My Heart®).

First, I brayered red, yellow and blue ink onto the front of a white card. I stamped the kitty in six different colors onto white cardstock, trimmed, and then made mats our of the same colors. This was done by either brayering or just applying the stamp pad directly to the white cardstock. I stamped "happy birthday" in red and matted that the same color as well. I then cut a white panel a little smaller than the card, and randomly stamped "happy birthday" in all six of the colors.

Everything was glued together as you can see here, and a finishing touch was the two red eyelets.

That kitty stamp looks so much like my Little Mitty! As soon as I saw it at the store, I had to have it.