Wednesday, January 19, 2005

 

Red Hat Card



This card is a part of the Yankee Swap gift for my Red Hat Society® chapter. The gift consists of an RHS-related rubber stamp, some paper and cardstock from my personal stash, a couple of stamp pads and red & purple brush markers. There will also be a handmade instruction booklet to give the recipient some ideas as to how to use this stuff!

All of the stamps used here, as well as the purple paper, are from Close To My Heart®.

The effect of more than one color on a single stamp can be accomplished in two ways. You can use brush markers to ink the stamp, which gives you more control as to where the colors go. Or, you can carefully dab the colors onto the stamp, using just the corner of a stamp pad. Test this out on cheap paper first, before applying to your more expensive cardstock!

Here, I used the ColorBox Fluid Chalk inkpads from Clearsnap. Last week, I was at a stamp/scrapbook store, and they had tons of these in *cat's eye* sizes...little pads shaped like a cat's eye. These only cost two bucks apiece, and are easy to use when inking only part of a stamp. I picked up a bunch of these when I was there, and used a couple for this project.

I am hooked on these ink pads, and want to get the cat's eye ones in all of the colors. I have already bought a few of my very favorite colors in full-sized pads! :-)