Friday, January 07, 2005

 

Christine's Baseball Scrapbook: Part One



Click HERE for larger image...will open a separate browser window.

This is the first completed layout for the infamous baseball scrapbook that I have been talking about for so long. These pages are devoted to a local professional team called the North Shore Spirit.

In addition to photographs that I took at the ballpark last summer, I have also included ticket stubs, a copy of the wallet-sized schedule, (losing) raffle tickets for game-worn jerseys, and even a seating chart with an arrow showing where our season ticket seats are located. Although I first tried printing the seating chart out on white cardstock, I decided I liked it better on the vellum.

All paper used here, with the exception of the red cardstock, is from Close To My Heart®. I am using a Level 2 kit called "At The Game", you will see more of the nifty background & texture papers in this kit as I progress with the book. The rubber stamps are from Stampin' Up!®. The punched-out letters were made with this punch set from Marvy Uchida.

Another nifty tool that I'm getting hooked on is the Fiskars® ShapeCutter. It takes a little practice to learn to use it, but once you, do, it is so very cool! I used it here to cut out the oval shaped photos.

I have really lousy handwriting, so once again I opted to computer-generate my journaling.

And yes, that is me standing next to the team bus! :-)

Stay tuned for more from this book! So far, I am having a lot of fun doing it! :-)