Monday, November 08, 2004

 

Portland Head Light at Christmas



This is an actual lighthouse that is located in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, right out of Portland. The stamp comes from that fine purveyor of cool lighthouse (and other) stamps, Repeat Impressions.

Three shades of grey cardstock were used here. I stamped the lighthouse image onto the darkest grey with black pigment ink. I then very carefully applied clear embossing powder to the Santa & reindeer part, and silver *tinsel* embossing powder to the rest of the image, then heat-embossed it all.

But I sort of screwed up and got a few small black smudges on this image, so I covered them up by drawing a moon and stars/snow/whatever, and heat embossed them with the same silver powder.

I adhered the image to the lightest grey cardstock. I then used embossing ink to hand-draw a boarder on the medium-grey card, and used the same glittery powder to heat-emboss that. Finally, I mounted the matted image to the card with silver brads.