Monday, November 22, 2004

 

Mr. Snowman



This is my first attempt at a Christmas card. The snowman, tree and snowflakes are from a Close To My Heart™ stamp set called "Mr. Snowman" I rubber-stamped the snowman and tree with clear embossing ink, added black embossing powder and embossed with a heat gun. After embossing I added color from my ink pads using a blending pen. I then cut them out. The background I did freehand with watercolor paint. First I embossed the snowflakes with clear embossing ink and powder then I added lines for the hills using black watercolor paint and then embossed. After embossing, I watercolored paited the sky. The paint doesn't stick to the embossed snowflakes. I tore the white paper and then embossed the edges with black. I then used Dimension Dots on the tree and snowman, to add dimension, and attacked them to the background. I sponged ink for the shadows. Then the whole thing was attached to a piece of red paper, which was then attached to a white card. The red paper behind the card was just place behind it in order for the card to show up on the white background of my scanner.