Monday, November 08, 2004

 

Feline Navidad



The kitty and mouse image is called "Feline Navidad" and it comes from House-Mouse Designs. I am pretty sure that I own every single rubber stamp that they make that has a cat on it!

This was stamped onto white cardstock with black pigment ink and heat-embossed with clear embossing powder. I then colored it on using various ink pads and markers, using a Dove blending pen. This is a nifty tool that I learned about at a workshop at The Stamp Lady, a very cool rubber stamp store in my area.

You can use this with a stamp pad by just brushing the tip of the pen onto it. To use a marker with this, just use the marker on a surface such as the inside of the stamp pad lid, then dip the blending pen into that. Always test on scrap paper before applying to your project, just in case it is too dark.

I mounted the colored image onto a piece of red corrugated stock that came in a package of holiday scrap paper that I bought at Michaels. This was then mounted onto a piece of patterned paper from the same scrap pack, and then to a piece of red cardstock. Finally, it was all attached to a white card with red eyelets.