Thursday, August 26, 2004

 

Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries



This card was made for the Close To My Heart® catalog show, Christine mentioned in the last post. Actually, it's a "Show and Tell" show. Patti is a CTMH consultant and has a group of us who each host a show one month out of the year. Christine is the hostess for this month's show. I was the hostess for last month's show. Since Christine is too far away from Texas, where the actual "in person" show is going to be, she will be hosting a catalog show. I was fortunately visiting in Texas for my month and was able to have a "live" show, otherwise my show would have been a catalog show as well. For the "Show and Tell" show, we all were to create something using CTMH products and we will share them with the group. Christine and I sent our items via e-mail. Patti will be sending us pictures of the items the other members of our group have created.

This card was made using CTMH card stock and inks in the Summer Celebration set. I used Watermelon cardstock for the body of the card and the background border is Citrus Leaf cardstock.

The stamp is a CTMH stamp called "Cherry Bunch". I sponge inked behind the Cherry Bunch, on white cardstock,using Watermelon, Citrus Leaf and Dutch Blue. I stamped the cherries and then colored them in, using a blending brush, with Cranberry and Citrus Leaf inks. The words are stamped from a CTMH set called "Little Things Matter".

I sponge inked onto a precut piece of Sculpey® clay, smaller than the original "Cherry Bunch" stamp, using Watermelon, Citrus Leaf and Dutch Blue inks, then stamped the "Cherry Bunch" onto the clay. I colored in the cherries, with Cranberry and Citrus Leaf inks, using a blending brush and by stippling the ink with a paint brush. Then baked the clay. Once it was cool I then attached the clay piece to the card using glue dots.

If I was to do this technique again, I wouldn't use the Sculpey® clay. The ink doesn't dry on it after it's baked and if you put the ink on before it's baked, the colors fade. Also, I tried to put a glaze on the clay to give it a bit of a shiny look and the ink bled. I think next time I will use the Makins® no bake clay or something similar.

Sculpey® is a great product and I use it for a lot of other craft projects, but it just doesn't work well for rubber-stamping.

Posted by Hello