Wednesday, August 04, 2004

 

Baseball Card!

I'm on a roll here!

Baseball Card!

I made this card for the staff of one of my favorite baseball teams, the North Shore Spirit. We purchased a season ticket mini-pack for this year, and we have been treated VERY well by any and all Spirit staff members we have dealt with. They have actually gone so far as to personally deliver my season tickets to my home, when they had a delay with the printer who was supposed to be printing them up...they wanted to be sure we had our tickets in time for the first game!

This franchise is only in its second season, but they are doing an excellent job. I just wanted to thank them for it, and for making our trips to the ballpark a pleasant experience.

How to make a card like this:

1. Make card of desired size from grass-green cardstock.
2. Cut baselines and bases from white cardstock. Attach to card. The bases were attached using those pop-dot thingies, a glue pen is best for the skinny little baselines.
3. Stamp ballplayer onto white cardstock, mat onto blue cardstock. I colored him in with colored pencils, using Spirit colors, of course! Cut diamond from red cardstock, glue to card, then glue ballplayer image on top of that.
4. Stamp "Thank You" and "Home Run" onto white cardstock, cut out and mat onto red cardstock, attach to card.

The ballplayer and "Home Run" stamps are from a set from Stampin' Up!® (which has been retired, I got mine from someone on EBay. The "Thank You" stamp is from a set from Close To My Heart®.