Wednesday, June 16, 2004

 

A Thank You Card!



This card was made using Close To My Heart™ rubber stamps, stamp pads, and background paper. I stamped the flowers and leaves onto white cardstock with colored stamp pad inks, colored them in with coordinating colored pencils, and then cut them out. I made the card from pink cardstock and adhered the striped background paper to it. I stamped the *Thank You* onto more pink cardstock, cut it out with decke-edged scissors, and matted it onto white cardstock, also cut with the same scissors. Then I just arranged everything onto the card, and glued it on when I was happy with the way it looked.

Just in case you thought that I had finally made a card that did not contain a cat...think again...this is stamped onto the back of the card...



This is a custom-made polymer stamp that I got from a company called Repeat Impressions. They do their business in Freeport, Maine...one of my favorite places! Since these stamps are made to order, even those with unusual names can have a personalized stamp. And of course, when I saw that I could get a kitty on mine, I had to get one!