Thursday, May 06, 2004

 

Happy Birthday, Mike!


click for full-sized image


This is the card I made for Mike's birthday, which is on Saturday. I had originally planned to use a different stamp for this, but changed my mind when I got these new ones today from HotPotatoes.com. The pink kitty is called *Missy* and the green one is *Bandit*.

I decided to go with the retro look of these stamps in designing this card. It's not your classic *manly* look, but I think Mike will like it.

Teal cardstock was mounted on a plain white card, and a lighter marbled background paper placed on top of that. If you look at the larger version of the image, you can see that I've discovered watermark ink...the small kitty face was stamped using that. I don't know who makes this little kitty head stamp, but I bought it at a Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft store. Both Missy and Bandit were stamped on pink cardstock and cut out. Missy with black ink...for Bandit, I used a teal brush marker right on the rubber, and stamped it.

The pink and teal shapes were cut from cardstock. The "Happy Birthday" lettering was printed on the computer, using a font called "Girls Are Weird", which I downloaded ages ago from some free font site.

I am very pleased with the way this turned out! :-)